3-Day Uganda Gorillas Safari.
Duration3 Days | 2 Nights
Overview – Uganda Gorillas
This short safari takes you to the Uganda’s Mountain Gorillas in the Wild which is one of the most unforgettable wildlife encounters in the world! This can be added before or after your safari in Kenya or Tanzania giving you a chance to check off gorillas off your bucket list, experience Uganda gorillas.
- Park fees (For non-residents)
- Gorilla permits (One per person, non-resident)
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation(Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals(As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinks (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- International flights (From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Some meals(As specified in the day-by-day section)
Day by Day Activities.
The company driver picks you up from hotel in the morning and drive to Bwindi impenetrable National Park. This is a long day drive of approximately 9 hours with lunch stop over en route. Though long, the drive takes you through different features to include tropical rain forests, savannah fields and the terraced hills of Kigezi famously known as the Switzerland of East Africa. Arrival is late evening for relaxation.
After an early morning breakfast, you will take a short drive to the park offices for briefing where you will have a talk on the etiquette of gorilla trekking. We then hike into the forest to a spot where Gorillas were seen the previous night and track from there. Trekking may take anything between 1 to 6 hours depending on the location of the family and altitudes which is in excess of 7500 feet. The terrain is rough and muddy calling for physical fitness. Although the hike is physically demanding, the beauty of the forest and surrounding scenery make the trekking worthwhile. It is recommended that you take plenty of water with you on the trek. Cameras and plenty of fast speed films are recommended. Being a tropical rain forest, it may rain at no notice, hence need to bring with you waterproof clothing, including zip lock bags for cameras and film. Others to come with include; strong hiking/walking shoes, long pants, gloves and raincoat. After return back to the lodge for relaxation.
After an early morning breakfast, we shall then start our journey back to Kampala through Mbarara as we make our first stop for lunch.
We shall continue our journey as we make another stop at the equator, buy some souvenirs, take pictures and interact with the locals. We later on continue our journey arriving Kampala later in the evening.